Monday, February 11, 2008

Nope, not going there

I thought today I would write some funny anecdotes about ex-girlfriends.

Fortunately, I saw some emails from ex girlfriends. I then realized ( I is slow ) that I am still in touch with several, going back as far as High School. While I am still friends with all of them, the rational part of my mind (yes, all of you; I do have a rational part. It's tiny, and hides a lot in fear of the rest of my minds contents) said

"Uh, boss?"
"Yes?"
"Is that a good idea?"
"I don't see why not. They all still like me."
"True. But you see, what you think is funny does not always match too well with what other people think is funny. The Bucky Bee thing? Funny. The jump out of the closet in the dark and grab her? Not funny."
"Oh. Right"
"Plus, they would compare notes."
"Oh shit......Nyarlathotep! Run!"

Sooooo..... I think I'll just amble away from that one, mental hands in pockets, whistiling idly while trying to glance surreptitiously over my electronic shoulder, to see if there is anything inbound with my name on it, like a bowling ball.

"So, you thought my sitting on your brush was funny, did you? Steeeerike!"

Of course I could always trash the two who don't talk to me any more, but where is the fun in that? I mean if they won't ever see it, it's just me being a jerk. Plus, women always stick together, so I would get roasted that way too. (gr) Sigh. I'm afraid that the idea confirms my worst nightmare; my tombstone is almost guaranteed to say;

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

No comments: