Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Trial by fire

OK, so several friends whined, I mean sniveled, I mean asked politely, if I would change the posting restriction to allow "anonymous" posts, so they did not have to create a Gmail account. Even if it just meant having the account, and never having to read the emails they might (or probably would not) get, since the account wouldn't go anywhere. Sigh.

Of course I had it set that way on the advice of three people who had blogs already, and from the Godfather of Geeks, Loyd Case.

But because I love you all dearly, I will see how much crap winds up on my blog from morons doing spam-posts. If its less than one or two a week, no problem. If it gets to the point where I have to take time each day to clean the blog off, remove those "I have pics of myself wearing rubber galoshes and latex gloves and nothing else, come see me!" "Nede Vgria? Fr3 spmalples here!" "Penguin love, only $9.95 a month!" postings, then it gets turned back on, and you can either try to remember that one added logon you now have, or worry about how much spam is getting sent to an email account you never open; unless of course possession of an email address is to you what "Shave and a Haircut" is to a 'Toon, and having the account means you are compelled to check it every day for the emails you didn't want in the first place, like the people who can't see a long running thread and just hit "delete" instead of opening it and then complaining about the endless thread, which of course means you just added a pointless email to everyone else that is actually enjoying the thread, or who think that the use of capitals AT ALL in an email constitutes "shouting" as though the email made more noise when you read it if there are any capitals in it or your computer is actually so overloaded with gak that the damn thing reads the emails to you so you don't have to strain your eyes, which are probably trashed anyway, in a voice like a carefully crafted blend of Stephen Hawking and a Stepford wife...... in which case I will torture you at every opportunity by rapping it out on nearby walls, desktops, etc. forcing you to leap up on the nearest flat surface, moving or not, and belt out "twooooo bitttts!"

Oh. The title actually refers to A) my playful flaming of some of you, and B) my intent to actually set you ablaze on a Denethor-inspired pre-funeral pyre if I have to fuss over this blog endlessly, assuming I can find a really tall cliff for you to run off the edge of while burning. So there.

No comments: