Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Playoffs thoughts

I watched the playoffs Saturday and Sunday. Sort of. It's hard to watch a team that made it to the Wild Card slot behave like they don't believe they should have made it that far; watching two teams you are favoring play like the 49ers staff are coaching them isn't really fun. It's more like some slow weird torture, like having to endlessly file things, only to have them pop back out in some Sisyphean (??? Is that a word??) Maybe Sisyphusean? Funnier if I don't look it up. Besides, it's my blog. I'll make up words when I want to.

Monigamy: completely faithful to more than one person at a time. ( I stole that. )

Frigididity: the condition of being so cold you double parts of words (stole that too.)

Hairsuit: filing charges against your follicles for desertion.

I at least have one team left in contention, since San Diego managed to wake up and play in the third quarter. Sadly, I think they are going to lose to the Colts, unless that game was an eye-opener for the team. Regardless, I think the Colts are the better to choice to beat the Patriots, unless somehow Green Bay takes the Pats down first. After that, I would in all honesty have to choose the Cowboys, simply because T.O. is a match (almost) for Randy Moss, and is playing finally with no BS. Then the Chargers, then the Giants.

Sigh. To think I might have to wind up rooting for Dallas or New York.... guess I might as well vote Republican, cut my hair, and join the Catholic church while I am at it. They say change is good. I wonder if I can trade in all my Sisters of Mercy and Bauhaus CD's for Tammy Wynette and Toby Keith?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a dope (first ad hominem attack) -- there's no way Green Bay can knock off the Pats before the Colts play them. The Pack is in the NFC. But you knew that...

canelure said...

Picky picky picky..... yes, I got caught up in my own rhetoric and mashed two different things together.

Want perfection? Get your own blog... (gr)

Unknown said...

My blog is perfect in its nonexistence... If it existed, its presence in this corrupt reality would necessarily render it imperfect... but you knew this, too...

canelure said...

Ninnyhammer. Are you going to try to bait me into some online debate of existentialistic Heisenbergian "the observer influences the experiment" discourse, waiting for the perfect opportuniy to insert a Socratic "what internet?" comment, or are you satisfied simply with getting me to pounce cat-like on your comments, hoping for a knee jerk Roger-Rabbit like toon response to "shave and a haircut...." oh crap....