Thursday, January 10, 2008

Things I should not do

1) Bungee jump. Why subject the remainder of my hair to the yank of gravity at the apex point of the jump? All the rest of the damn things would probably go flying out like feathers off Daffy, and I would look like Telly Savalas. Boy, was that NOT one of the goals I had....

2) Rent movies just because women I think are pretty are in them. "Last Sentinel" is a very good example of this. Forget the fact that Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck from "Battlestar Galactica) is not only talented, but pretty. Forget the fact that on the DVD cover she has a gun. This was a bad choice. I should blind myself for having watched it. When the only redeeming factor in a movie is that there is a very drawn-out scene with her body double (shot from behind) taking a topless sponge bath.... I couldn't get my moneys worth even if I looped that and played nothing else for the remaining 60 minutes of the run time. Echhhh. I had to throw the DVD player away afterwards, so there was no chance of the other electronics getting infected.

A note for famous martial arts people. The fact some person holds a national title in martial arts, like the supposed "star" of Last Sentinel, Don The Dragon Wilson, does not mean they can act. Bruce Lee was an exception. Maybe Jackie Chan. The use of the word Artist in the title Martial Artist indicates the dedication and work required; it has no correlation to, say "Performance Artist" or any other acting skill. Don, stick to kicking things. You look very nice when you fight, and your mouth is shut. Steven Segal, please stop. The balding/fat/sensitive/pony-tail/ guy who can also fight is my bailiwick. You make plenty of money already, stop jumping my gig. Jean-Claude, you too. Take roles in things like "Alien vs Predator" where you can hop around in a drippy suit and have ADR add cool growling. First, it's more intelligible than your own accent (Ahnold speaks clearer!) and second won't strain your skills. Chuck, stick to commercials for exercise stuff. Kevin Coster emotes more than you do. OK, maybe not. On a scale of 1 to 10, rocks are a solid 2, you get a 4. Kevin ties with the rocks, only because he is mobile.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had never even HEARD of that movie...

PS: when do I get some payola for posting comments?

canelure said...

You were lucky... you get paid when I get paid... man! (gr)